Surveys and Data
Election Administration and Voting Survey (EAVS) Datasets, Codebooks, and Survey Instruments
Since 2014 the Election Administration and Voting Survey (EAVS) has been combined into one report. Prior to 2014, the data were presented in three reports – the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) report, the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) report, and the Election Day Survey. In addition, in 2008 the EAC began administering the Statutory Overview, which asks states a series of open-ended questions about their election laws, definitions, and procedures.
On this page you will find links to all EAVS, NVRA, UOCAVA, and Statutory Overview datasets, codebooks, and survey instruments from 2012 – 2018.
- NVRA Datasets: Excel, SPSS, DBF Part 1, DBF Part II
- NVRA Data Codebook
- UOCAVA Datasets: Excel, SPSS, DBF part I, DBF part II
- UOCAVA Data Codebook
- Election Day Survey Datasets: Excel – Sections C, D, E, Excel – Section F, SPSS, DB
- Survey Instrument: NVRA, UOCAVA, and Election Day Survey
- Statutory Overview Dataset: A-I, J-N, O-Z
- Statutory Overview Survey Instrument